On Sunday 20 June, see the very first Manchester Day Parade as it bursts onto the city streets, setting the city alight with a dazzling display of colour, sound and dance.
The parade will start at 2pm in Castlefield and will weave its way through the city centre. Expect a display of vibrant costumes, fantastic street dance and amazing wheeled structures designed by the local community to celebrate Manchester’s Out of this world creativity.
Organisers had a difficult decision selecting participants who are now busy making outstanding floats and costumes, and rehearsing breathtaking dance routines.
“Out of this world” is this year’s theme. What this theme represents, will be down to the city’s residents. A unique and original celebration based on all the things we love about this great city, the dreams it inspires and the ideas it brings to life.
– extraordinary, amazing, incredible! What’s amazing about Manchester? What do you think is extraordinary about your city?
– fantastical, otherworldly, alien, sci-fi, cosmic.
– grown from this earth, our natural resources, materials that come from our world…clay, iron, salt, oil, gold.
– soon to be extinct, soon to depart this world… endangered species.
The Manchester Day Parade is all about what makes the city truly “out of this world”.
If your looking for hotels in Manchester that are ‘out of this world’ for the Manchester Day Parade, then look no further than Roomzzz Manchester. As one of the finest boutique hotels in Manchester, Roomzzz offers luxury as standard, with memory foam beds, Apple Mac computers, and LCD TVs in every room. Make your Manchester Day even better with a stay at Roomzzz Manchester.
Copy & photo courtesy of www.themanchesterdayparade.co.uk
Latest posts by rejuvenate (see all)
- Last Minute Christmas Escapes for under £100 a night at Roomzzz Aparthotels - December 20, 2012
- The Roomzzz Aparthotel Group Are Delighted That The World’s Biggest Cycling Race The Tour de France is Starting in Leeds in July 2014 - December 14, 2012
- Business Reviews of Roomzzz Aparthotel, Newcastle City - December 12, 2012